cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 days no broadband, and counting...

bogga
Dabbler

6 days no broadband, and counting...

Hi, at approximately 01:42am on Wednesday 18th November, the broadband connection was lost. I currently use a Netgear R8000 router, although I have a plus net router that I don't normally use.
The Openreach Fibre modem shows the green light on DSL. The telephone line is clear.
At 7.23am I reported the fault via the Plusnet system. In the same evening I used the online chat system on the Plusnet website. The agent advised me to plug in my old PlusNet router, and reset it to defaults. This was performed, but there was still no connection. I have tried two different routers and neither of them work. I have also tried the bt_test@startup_domain and the bt_user_test@plusdsl.net, neither of these have worked. I've also tried connecting my laptop directly to the OpenReach modem, creating a PPPoE connection, that also didn't work.
Since then I've had no contact with Plusnet, the last comment is still "Our Support Team will respond to your question soon."...
Anywhoo, I got bored, so I got hold of another Plusnet chat agent last night, they said they couldn't fix it, but they said it  maybe something to do with a stale PPPoE connection? Now, from all of the other stale PPPoE connection faults on the forums I've read, they seem to get resolved very quickly when posted on the forums? Have I been asking at the wrong place? Smiley
Does anyone know how to be *sure* that it's this fault and not another one? Is there anything else I can do at my end?
4 REPLIES 4
MelRocks
Grafter

Re: 6 days no broadband, and counting...

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about these experiences. However, looking at your account you spoke to my colleague a few days ago and this has been fixed completely now. If you have any further issues please let us know. Thanks.
bogga
Dabbler

Fixed last night. Thank you.
I turned everything off... again... switched it back on... works.. go figure. I don't know what to think, I don't know if something was changed that was out of my control, or did I do something wrong. I am concerned as I don't know if it will happen again.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
From what I can see the details were incorrect in your router, but now the automatic settings have been re-enabled, this should auto update in future if the password gets changed or details need updating.
Of course, feel free to let us know if you have any further issues. Thanks.
bogga
Dabbler

Hi,
The details were not incorrect on the router. The automatic settings is a red herring. I have multiple routers, some of which I didn't change the password on, they started working again too....