cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5Ghz WIFI not connecting

Glewis1

5Ghz WIFI not connecting

Good afternoon,

I've recently had issues with a Pixel 3a XL and iPhone connecting to the WIFI whilst I had the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz ranges advertising. I've then turned off the 5Ghz and everything started working again.

I've then decided to split both to separate SSID's and tried connecting some devices to the 5Ghz SSID. They initially connect until they get rebooted or go out of range, when they then fail to connect at all. I've had connection issues to the 5Ghz SSID using both phones above and my Philips TV.

I've concluded this must be a router fault as I've not had this trouble at work, my parent's house or the in-laws (none are using plusnet routers).

Will Plusnet replace the router? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: 5Ghz WIFI not connecting

Hi @Glewis1 thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with the 5GHz frequency. It sounds like you're affected by an acknowledged issue we have with the 5GHz frequency that we're investigating which won't be fixed by us sending out a replacement Hub One.

And while typing this up I recall and believe I've responded to your tweet over Twitter earlier this afternoon. We'll reply back to your direct message shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet