cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

52Mb Fibre service

alphabet73

52Mb Fibre service

Hi,

Does anyone know what the plans are generally for raising the fibre speed from 38 to 52Mb on the Plusnet network?

I 'downgraded' to Fibre Unlimited from Fibre Unlimited Extra when the line rental increase came in and the guy I spoke to when I rang told me I would get 38Mb initially but this would increase to 52Mb from 1st September (I was only getting 52Mb on Extra so seemed pointless paying for something I couldn't get the full benefit of).  

So far I've not noticed any speed increase and as far as I can see I'm currently on the 40/2 profile - I'm guessing that the guy on the phone spun me a line and there isn't actually a speed increase heading my way (and the cut in upload speed wasn't mentioned either!).

Thanks

John

7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 52Mb Fibre service

It would appear that the agent was talking total rubbish as there hasn't been even the slightest hint of Plusnet introducing a 55/10 product

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

jim I was on a 40/20 fibre package and some months back received a email from Plusnet indicating my package was changing to 52mb dowload and 9.4mb upload I  assume this what plusnet customer service guy was indicating ,so I am now getting 52mb and 9.4mb upload ,there was a number of queries about this on this forum some time ago because there were people who needed the 20mb upload speed for work/gaming

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That isn't relevant to the original post nor my response to it which related to somebody on Unlimited Fibre Extra 80/20 and changing to Unlimited Fibre 40/2 to save money and not the legacy 40/20 product

alphabet73

As Jim says, it sounds like the agent I spoke to fed me a complete crock of [-Censored-] when I called to inquire about the possibility of downgrading - they referenced a speed upgrade that clearly was never going to happen and didn't mention anything about the upload cap (apparently all that I was going to notice was the change in download speed...and the lower Direct Debit).

Bottom line here is had the agent given me the correct information, then I wouldn't have bothered downgrading as the extra speed is worth more to me than the saving I'm making. 

As others have mentioned elsewhere on the forum, there definitely seems to have been a deterioration in customer service lately - I was a Plusnet customer for 10+ years before leaving due to changes in personal circumstances and have really noticed the difference since I've been back.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately the advice given by the advisor, that the speeds would be 40Mbps until September then would increase to 52Mbs is completely incorrect, as Oldjim has said.

Having said this, I've listened to the call (At least as much as I needed to) and will happily honour the up to 52Mbps offered.

Leave this with me and I'll make sure a modify order is placed to give you the speeds you were sold.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wildthing666
Grafter

I lost about 5Mb of speed when I jumped ship from BT to PN no big deal as 5Mb is nothing when you get two computers running fine on 47Mb so any upgrade unless it was a big one wouldn't be much use to me as my initial speeds were 46.5 down and 8.7 up which went to 52.3 down and 6.2 up I now get 46.9 down and 5.9 to 6.3 up so not a big difference either way

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@alphabet73 - Your connection should now be on 55/10 as promised.

If you haven't seen an improvement in speeds, please disconnect and re-connect your router. If you're still haven't seen an improvement following this, please let me know and we'll get that looked in to for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet