Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th Attempt at upgrading to fibre

jamesrea83
Dabbler

4th Attempt at upgrading to fibre

Hi All,

Posting here as I'm at my wits end. Currently plusnet are trying to upgrade us to fibre for the 4th(!) time. Each time so far, the order is mysteriously cancelled off and plusnet don't notice until I phone up to complain that it hasn't happened. If I don't make contact and chase them, literally nothing will happen. They won't make any effort to contact me or take any initiative to check on the status of this upgrade.

Each time I make contact following a failed attempt, I'm given a stream of promises that the next attempt will be different, it will be monitored daily and I will be inundated with progress updates. I've had one adviser tell me not to worry, that he is a "man of his word" and will sort this out, which was of course the last I heard of him.

Well, unsurprisingly I am yet to have an update on attempt number 4. And so I thought I would try making contact here, as nothing else seems to work.

I am beyond frustrated by the lack of communication, the lack of urgency and the stunning incompetence I've had from plusnet so far.

Can someone- anyone- from plusnet tell me what is going on?

13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 4th Attempt at upgrading to fibre

Hi there, 

As you'll remember I did have ownership of your order but for some reason an agent took it out of my personal pool which defeated the point of that so I'm really sorry for that and I'm very disappointed to see there's been another set back. 

I'm picking this up now and will update you soon. 

UPDATE

Just letting you know that I've escalated the problem with orders we're placing to try and migrate your service to us to a team manager at our suppliers and I'm confident they have a full understanding of the issue and the bigger picture as to why our orders keep failing.

They've taken ownership of the issue and are taking steps to resolve it for me. I'm expecting an update by email from them personally tomorrow. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but this shouldn't affect the service you currently have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesrea83
Dabbler

Any news on this?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

No we don't have an update just yet, I have chased for one and have been advised we should have some movement tomorrow. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesrea83
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Have you been in contact with the supplier today?

jamesrea83
Dabbler

Hi All,

I just wanted to give everyone an update. So, unsurprisingly, attempt number 4 was a failure. For whatever reason, the order plusnet made was cancelled off. Again. Our original go live date for fibre was 20th April, so this sorry saga has now been going on for over a month. A month in which the impetus to get anything done has come entirely from myself.

To add insult to injury, we've been charged for a month of fibre... I honestly couldn't make this up. The service they are utterly incapable of providing, they are more than happy to take my money for. Never in my life have I come up against such an incompetent company as this.

I'm posting this here as doing this publicly seems to be the only thing that plusnet respond to. Also, if just one potential customer sees this and decides to save themselves from signing up with these people I'll consider that my good deed for the day.

Not to worry though, I've been given very strong assurances that attempt number 5 is really going to be the one! And it's going to be expedited and prioritized and closely monitored and... yeah I just don't believe a word of it.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

I'm sorry if my ticket updates didn't clearly communicate that the latest order would need to be cancelled as part of the process of resolving the issue. 

Before I place a new order I've contacted my escalation owner with our suppliers to check and make sure that the back-end system issues have been cleared before I can go ahead and place a new order. 

I can perfectly understand any cynicism at this stage and that's why I'm ensuring any and all issues affecting this have been cleared before we push things forward any further. I'm on your side with this and will continue to keep you updated. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesrea83
Dabbler

Can you confirm that the supplier is going to be expediting this order? And what about the payment plusnet have taken from us in error?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The order won't be expedited purely because it's not possible to expedite the type of order it is (an upgrade from ADSL to fibre) that's only possible for a "new provide" where there's no existing service on the line. 

With regards to billing I'll arrange a refund as soon as you've been reconnected as at that point we'll be aware of exactly how much to refund you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesrea83
Dabbler

Adam Walker - CSC Analyst

12:26pm, Thursday 3 May 2018

Just to outline the course of action we can take is that we need to wait for the cancelled order to clear down from their systems which can take up to 48 hours, following this we will place a new order and our suppliers will expedite it to complete as urgently as possible. 

Tammy Ludder - CSC Analyst

4:53pm, Friday 11 May 2018

BTWholesale agent kamesh has also agreed to do a free of charge expedite for you and we will ensure this promise is kept.

Could you tell me what was meant by expedite in these messages please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can only apologise, both statements are wrong as modify orders cannot be expedited so I'm sorry if that set an expectation with you differently to what I am. 

I've just had an update to say that today's order has reached a "committed status" this is good news as the previous orders cancelled before reaching that stage.

I'll check again tomorrow to make sure that all is progressing as expected and I should have a date to give you.

UPDATE: More good news, I've been updated to say that the due date for the order is by the end of the day on the 23rd. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I just wanted to update the thread to show that the fibre upgrade has now completed and line tests show me everything is working with that as expected. 

I'm going to arrange for the difference in billing to be refunded now and will drop you a reply to the ticket on your account shortly. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesrea83
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

We're connected now, but we're getting around 15mbps download speeds. It's a lot better than what we used to get.. but it's pretty poor for fibre. 

Is there something going on with our connection?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi James, 

For some reason the speed profile on our systems needed a nudge. 

I've update that to 40mbps so you should see an immediate improvement and we shouldn't need to do that again for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team