cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k tv

alexovna

4k tv

Hi iam experiencing buffering on my new 4k TV when watching films from amazon prime it doesn't matter if its connected by erthenet or WiFi but when I connect my Roko box to the TV there is no buffering during the films do I need a new router as mine is still the same one I got when I joined Plusnet
2 REPLIES 2
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: 4k tv

Hello @alexovna

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems you're having watching movies on your TV. Tests on the line are showing that it's actually operating at maximum capacity (40Mbps) based on the product you're on. A good way to check out the speeds coming into the router is by logging onto your Plusnet Hub Manager, navigating to Troubleshooting and then click on Helpdesk, you're looking for data rate.

Given that your movies are working fine on a different device, I don't think our router / service is the problem here. Saying that though, your line can achieve speeds of up to 80Mbps, so if you're looking for more speed, the option to upgrade is available.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: 4k tv

It could be that the TV is trying to stream 4k UHD whereas the Roku box isnt 4k compatible and so is only streaming in HD.

See here for required bandwidth estimates for the various resolutions https://www.cable.co.uk/broadband/guides/broadband-streaming/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.