cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40/2 rather than 40/10

jimk

40/2 rather than 40/10

Hi there
I ordered Fibre on the 9th Nov on the understanding I was getting the 40/10 product ,however when I had it installed on the 4th Dec I had been placed on the 40/2 product , customer services seem rather slow in listening to the call from the sales agent to me on the 9th Nov and I have placed tickets on the system more than once, does anyone have any advice ?
Thanks
Jim
2 REPLIES
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: 40/2 rather than 40/10

Plusnet do not sell or advertise 40/10, and they haven't done for some time...  Most recently they were selling 40/20 but this was changed to 40/2 in June this year..
If you were advised that you would get 10Mbps download you have been misled and have just cause to walk away from your contract so fingers crossed that the call recording backs you up...
sjwk
Hooked

Re: 40/2 rather than 40/10

Similar here, except I'm paying for the 76/20 package and also only getting 38/2...
Had 76/20 at my old house for about 3 years and just moved house - did have to argue to be allowed to have the more expensive package ('you'll only get about 55 down, it's not worth it', 'I want the faster upload speed for backing up' - note: they made no mention of the reduction to a pitiful 2Mb upload on the standard 38Mb package so glad I stuck to my guns).
My account shows unlimited fibre extra.  But it also shows the old address and phone line despite asking several times about it and being told on Friday that he'd changed the address, so maybe they've just applied the profile to the wrong phoneline.  Oh well, yet another half an hour sat on hold tomorrow then - hopefully I don't have to be transferred back and forth several times this time (on hold each time - perhaps I should have gone for an Internet provider with support not based in Yorkshire if they have difficulty hiring enough people up there!)