cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party VPN service on PN fibre

XVF
Dabbler

3rd party VPN service on PN fibre

I guess some of you guys are using a 3rd party VPN service on Plusnet Fibre, and I just wondered if any of you had any feedback or experience to share?
I'm currently using IPVanish on BT, and am currently switching to PN, so wondered what I could expect.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
ricke17
Grafter

Re: 3rd party VPN service on PN fibre

I use unblock-us and it works a treat when using a static IP which pn offers for a one off fee of a fiver.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
XVF
Dabbler

OK, thanks for that.
For what reason are you using a static IP? To do with your VPN connection, or something else?
Cheers
ricke17
Grafter

For various other reasons - but my dynamic IP seemed to change a lot when I was with BT and interfered with gaming and also the VPN service I use.  I mean, with my VPN when the dynamic IP changed I would have to visit their website (either online or on my iphone) and update the IP their. 
XVF
Dabbler

Oh, I see. I used to have that problem when I used a service called SmartDNS from Overplay. That wasn't a full VPN solution though.
Now, with IPVanish, it's not an issue. I don't run their flakey software, but just use the open source OpenVPN client and everything's good.
ricke17
Grafter

Cool - I just use mine for Netflix region changing and also their DNS is pretty fast too on my lappy.