cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days without internet

Fish

3 days without internet

My internet connection has been down since sometime on Tuesday. "Concentrator not reachable" or something to that effect. I have raised a ticket, but I have heard nothing back from Plusnet.
I find this unacceptable. For £20 a month I would expect at least an acknowledgement that my issue is being looked into, and an ETA to when it will be fixed.
I start this topic in the hope that somebody might expedite my issue, but without internet access it will be difficult for me to follow this up. I am waiting for "something" to happen but have no idea what or when that might be.
"Customer service"  Grin
6 REPLIES 6
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: 3 days without internet

i assume you phone is working, you could have called them to chase the fault.
"customer expectations!" Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Fish,
Welcome to the Community forums and sorry to hear about the problem you've mentioned.
We aim to respond to all faults raised within 72 hours, so it would be unfair of us to expedite your fault above those of others
To be fair though I'll ask one of my colleagues who is on shift on Saturday (i,e after the 72 hours have elapsed) and make sure we give the issue some attention if it's not had any by then.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Fish

Adam, thankyou for your response. It is now mid day on saturday and i still havent had any indication that my problem is being looked into. 72 hours for what, exactly? When can i expect something, anything, to happen?
JTaylor
Grafter

Hi Fish
I've made a Faults team leader aware of this on Adam's behalf and this will be followed up on shortly.
I really appreciate your patience with this.
Fish

Adam,  Jack
Thank you for your time and effort. I received a txt from Plusnet on Saturday afternoon informing me that an engineer will be with me today (Monday). The Openreach guy quickly found the fault - a previous engineer had inadvertently disconnected my line thinking it was "spare". It took him longer to re-sync my router than it did to repair the line.
So, all good. Although I am still mystified as to why a simple fault has taken almost a week to fix?
Quorneng

Hope the openreach guy that's supposedly been called out for my missing internet (unable to reach concentrator too, since mid-morning Thursday) is equally competent....
:edit:
Well it's fixed..... took almost 4 hours though!
After swapping the face plate (was an old ADSL2 faceplate, 'cos of self-install), testing the line, resetting & testing the router & modem, swapping out the router & modem, doing a lift & shift in the cabinet (3 times, as the 1st two were apparently bad lines), trying a home hub 5 [router/modem combo], he eventually discovered it was simply a locked session that was resolved remotely by some btwholesale support desk.
I'm curious why plusnet's own helpdesk couldn't reset the hung session. (they instead attempted to let it timeout by instructing me to leave the modem & router off for 1:15.)