cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd time ive discovered my upload speed has been capped

bez
Grafter

2nd time ive discovered my upload speed has been capped

Im on the fibre unlimited extra package and have been since the pre release tests of the 80mb fibre, I completed a speedtest today as ive been struggling with my dedicated server for a driving sim, to my shock my upload speed is 500kbs, thats right half a bleeding meg, pretty disgusting when i should be getting 20mb, my download speed is hovering around the 75mbs mark so I couldnt see how this was due to my distance from the exchange. I rang plusnet to ask if i was having my upload speed capped at this rediculously low speed and they said they were not, same as the last time they "were not" doing this and same as the last they WERE doing it or at least they blamed BT again (comical as plusnet is in essence just BT)
Im getting sick of being ripped off, i pay my bill on time every month so I expect to get what im paying for not 40x slower than im paying for because they decided to... just resigned a new 24 month contract  which ive got 12 days left to un-sign, im seriously considering this as i dont want to be tied into a company that treats its customers in this manner. DISGUSTED!
woohoo rocketed upto 1mb on my last test, now we only need the other 19mb
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: 2nd time ive discovered my upload speed has been capped

Could you run the BT diagnostic speed test and post the results please: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do
We particularly want to see the upstream IP profile.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bez
Grafter

ran the test this afternoon here are the results

Roll_eyes
be interesting to see the same results tomorrow as i was told on the phone the CAP would be removed within 24 hours
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Well you are not being capped as your upstream IP Profile is correct.
Have you tried rebooting the router (not the modem)?
Can you also confirm that you are seeing these speeds on a wired connection to the router.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bez
Grafter

Yeah wired connection, strange as the person i spoke to on the phone said i was being capped/throttled/limited and it would be removed in 24 hours (said it wasnt plusnet but BT who were doing it after he checked and phoned me back)
edit: also getting the same results on 2 other wired pc's and similar, if slightly slower results on 3 wireless devices
edit: rebooted router and im at roughly 15mb now, didnt fix the problem this afternoon as i rebooted both my modem and router to try and fix the problem before phoning plusnet