Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd phone line

sirgoulas
Hooked

2nd phone line

Hello. 

Thank you in advance for your time, I really appreciate the support and feedback provided.

In the property I am sharing there is already an existing plusnet isp which is shared among all lodgers.

Being happy with plusnet but not with sharing among others, I yesterday decided to get my own internet (plusnet again) for my personal needs. An engineer has been scheduled to install my phone service (2nd phone line) on the 8th of March.

I would like to inquire a few things so I am 100% sure that I will have my own internet by that date. I will attach some images as well, please if you have general understanding and knowledge I would appreciate your reply especially from a plusnet employee.

The first image is the master socket outside of my room. One of the cables extends to the kitchen and one outside.

The 2nd image is current existing connected broadband on the kitchen.  

Not sure how the engineer will setup the 2nd phone line. I was looking everywhere but could not find another phone socket that I assume he will use. 1)Will the engineer convert an existing normal socket to a phone one? 2)If so can he do so one of the 2 sockets shown in the 3rd image which is in my room? Will it affect the one adjacent to it? 3) Maybe a very basic question, but there is another room next door where another lodger lives, I am assuming engineer won't have to drill through that room right?

4) Existing net is on fastpath 5ms to the cabinet which is quite good. Because I stream and play games I would like a very stable and low latency connection like that one. What do I need to do have the new net on fastpath as well?

If you need any clarification I am more than happy to provide.

Thank you  

2 REPLIES 2
sirgoulas
Hooked

Re: 2nd phone line

2nd image

sirgoulas
Hooked

Re: 2nd phone line

3rd image