cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2704n router USELESS

sutty1986
Dabbler

2704n router USELESS

just switched over to plusnet and had problems after problems, now on 80/40 but my account still hasnt been sorted so runnig around 20/2 atm but im struggling to pick up the routers signal in a room literally 4ms away....
the router is as good as a chocolate teapot
not impress my old talktalk fiber modem smashed out a very good signal!
anyone else having probs?
just bought a MI WIFI router ,but no not sure if it will work it should be here in the next few days....
if anyone has any experience setting up other routers to FTTC please advise!!!
Plusnet you should shake your heads, call waiting times are shocking i put in a fault over 4 days ago no reply..... your online chat agents are useless totally scripted!
2 year contract FML
4 REPLIES 4
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: 2704n router USELESS

Can you not use the old TalkTalk modem / router here?
The Talk Talk Super router HG635 can be used on Plusnet fibre, I would have expected their other Huawei models to be compatible with PN:
http://npr.me.uk/hg635.html
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi sutty1986,
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried changing the wireless channel on the 2704n (on the >Advanced Settings >Wifi tab)?
Have you got one of those free apps to look at your wireless environment, to see what other routers signals are about?
For a PC try inSSIDer free version. There are plenty of free apps for mobile devices as well from the various stores.
sutty1986
Dabbler

Yes tryed changing channels but channel just keeps on one and searching router says 12 for example.
Think I may of returned the router or possibly binned it.
My bad
The xioami mi mini router im looming at can I bridge it to my router to obviously help with the signal
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If the 2704n turns out to be faulty then Plusnet should replace it FOC. It does have some wireless bugs at the moment. Whether there'll be a firmware update soon to fix those, we are waiting to see.
One of the wireless bugs is if you change the mode - stick with "upto 144Mb/s" and you shouldn't have any problem with the channel you choose changing. One other is if you have any wireless devices showing up as unknown, they can sometimes lose connection.
You'll need to log in using http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html
Have a look at >Device Info then >ARP and >DHCP.
On >Advanced Setup >LAN you can setup Fixed IP addresses should you want them.
If you have some tech knowledge and want to mess about a bit, there's quite a few threads on this, the ADSL and Hardware boards abut the 2704n, the issues others are having, some of the workarounds, and some of the config changes you might be able to make if you have the v1 firmware, as well as those bugs that'll need a firmware fix. HTH. Ask back if you have any specific problems you can't but should be able to solve, or it's obvious that the 2704n is faulty - ie it still keeps changing wireless channel.