cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2704n and separate wireless access points

blueyg

2704n and separate wireless access points

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I've just upgraded to Fibre and loving it - fantastic so far.
However, I've had to replace my previous Netgear ADSL router (DGN2200v3) with the 2704n. The 2704n is working fine but I am having real problems setting up separate wireless access points. I've previously set up an old Netgear router and Airport Express as wireless access points and they worked fine with the DGN2200.
However, I can't seem to get them to work with the 2704n. I can log into them both via their IP addresses, I can see their wireless networks, but for some reason I can't seem to connect to their wifi networks. The only wifi network I can connect to is the 2704n. I've tried this on several machines now. My initial thought was that I'm doing something wrong on the APs but the fact that I've done this previously and it isn't working for either of them makes me think that maybe there's something I need to do on the 2704n.
Has anyone else managed to get separate APs working on the 2704n, and did you need to set something on the 2704n in order to be able to connect to them?
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Richard
1 REPLY 1
blueyg

Re: 2704n and separate wireless access points

Ok, things have moved on a little. I'm now convinced that it isn't the 2704n but the Netgear DGN2200v3 that is the problem when trying to use it as an access point.
The problem seems to be that the wireless device connecting to the DGN2200 never receives an IP address and hence can't connect. Connecting by wire does get an IP address.
I've repeated this with an old DG834G router acting as an access point and it works fine.
I'm hoping that someone here has managed to get a DGN2200v3 working as a separate wireless access point and so might be able to guide me towards what I am doing wrong?