cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21C Network.???

axlstod
Grafter

21C Network.???

hi, I have ordered fibre and it is getting installed on the 2nd sept and I have just been looking through my questions through the help assistant and have noticed a few service notices in the closed questions section, there is one that stands out to me.

Service Notice #241534027
< Back

Service Notification
8:04pm, Friday 21 Aug 2015
An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The transfer will complete by midnight on 12/09/2015.
is this normal when upgrading to fibre? I thought  21c and fttc were different?
and what's with the different date.
any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
shure
Grafter

Re: 21C Network.???

I would strongly advise you give PN a call.  The same thing happened to me and meant my fibre order didn't actually go through.
Apparently, when the installed fibre in my village they also upgraded the existing cabinet.  Openreach are phasing out all 20CN (i.e.up to 8Mbps) lines and upgrading them to 21CN.  This was done as an automatic upgrade behind the scenes.  In practice, it also meant that a new fibre order could not be made while an existing "order" was already scheduled on the line.  PN SHOULD have spotted this but didn't in my case, with the result that I stayed home yesterday waiting for a non-existent engineer to show up and install my fibre.  It's only after I phoned PN and was put through to their provisioning team that this was discovered.
PN have to contact BT to get the 21CN upgrade order cancelled, as PN are unable to do it themselves.  This takes 48 hours to process, apparently, so in my case I am still unable to even place a fibre order while this goes through.  Saturday will be the earliest for me if all goes to plan.  The guys in Provisioning were very good and managed to convince BT to put me on a expedited order for all the mess ups, but I have to wait until my order goes through to get that confirmed.
So I suggest you speak to PN asap.  Don't talk to customer services, as they really cannot help you and were the ones who messed up my order in the first place.  Ask to be put through to Provisioning.  At least they seem to have their heads screwed on right.
I did write about this but PN appear to have ignored it and not responded.  There is definitely a training need for their CSR people as it's unforgivable that they cannot spot such a basic thing and allow people to think they have ordered fibre when in reality they haven't.
axlstod
Grafter

thanks for the info, hopefully someone from plusnet will see this post and look into it for me, i'm off to bed now because ive been on nights Smiley
hopefully there's no confusion with this I was gonna go with bt but found the customer service terrible so decided to stay with plusnet where I have always been pleased with the service.
shure
Grafter

I wouldn't rely on PN seeing it.  I had a post on here and an open ticket for days and no-one bothered replying.  When you wake up I strongly suggest you give them a call Smiley
axlstod
Grafter

spoke to plusnet and all seems well... phew!