cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20Mb less than my neighbour

lewc

20Mb less than my neighbour

Could someone from plusnet help. My connection used to be around 54Mb and now is around 33Mb, my neighbour (same apartment building) recently joined after i referred them is getting around 54Mb.

Both the plusnet and bt sites report my speed at 33Mb, how do i go about getting them reset back to 54Mb or the maximum my line can actually take?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 20Mb less than my neighbour

Hi there,

It's likely that they are on a different package to you (Unlimited Fibre extra at up to 76mbps downstream). The service you have (Unlimited Fibre) has a maximum downstream of 38mbps. Diagnostics are showing me that the line is connecting very close to that at present.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lewc

Hi, I was on the unlimited Fibre i am sure, as i said i used to get up to 54mb

Could you check my account and see if i have been downgraded or something? And let me know how i switch back!!!

Pete207

I'm in the same boat. Been downgraded without warning, being charged the same as the higher speed package still and no way I can see to upgrade.
Why make things so difficult?
lewc

Surprised there are more people mentioning this, seems bizarre that Plusnet would downgrade us with no warning, continue to charge us the same price for a lower speed? Given I am out of contract I guess i could cancel and then rejoin but that seems like a lot of effort for no reason.

Interested to hear if any one from plusnet can comment, might give them a call when i have time

Pete207

Let me know how you get on. I'm not sure if I'm still in contract or not. Can't remember when I signed up to fibre, but when I did there was no speed limit.
If we were paying £19.99 for an uncapped speed (exactly the same as the new deal) then why has our package changed and not the price?
lewc

would be great if someone from support could comment on how we can change to the higher speed product considering we are paying the same amount, or should we cancel and then rejoin!!