Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 new FTTC & Street Cabinets.

StormWarden
Dabbler

2 new FTTC & Street Cabinets.

Hi All,
Is there any way to find out what is happening  with  regards to FTTC/P in my area as well as if and when it will become live?
According to onpenreach i am connected to the Sacriston (NESAC) exchange which makes sence as i live just down the road. Also as there I am suspecting that the bulk of the village is hooked onto the exchange with exception of a handfull of the new estates which have been built during the past 20 years.
BT's contractors have just completed the installation of 2 sets of street and FTTC cabinets and are in the process of splitting and re-routing the existing lines from the exchange and terminating into the new boxes. Although the eginneers are still populating the new boxes, today it would appear that the new FTTC cabinets now have power to them however BT is yet to commision them (no silver padlock yet),  i suspect that it will be only a matter of days before this is done.
Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: 2 new FTTC & Street Cabinets.

Are these cabinets 8 and 9?
StormWarden
Dabbler

Hi All,
Sorry for the late responce, did not have chance to check in from work.
Yes they are Cabs 8 and 9, DSLAMs both have power to them sorry i did not take note of which was which.
According to the engineer who was sat completing the jumpering today, the cab on the main road should be completed and wired up to the DSLAM by tomorrow. The cab adjacent to the exchange should be finished by the end of next week. I did not ask if the fiber to the DSLAMS has been blown in yet.
Thanks again.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I find that often, even though the work is all physically done, the records aren't updated so that they can start accepting orders.
Based on this, my suggestion is to be a bit weary over the lead times the engineers give you.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
StormWarden
Dabbler

Looks like i may be on CAB 9.
I am in no rush but will keep an eye out  Cool