cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4 ghz wifi gone

FIXED
scumz

2.4 ghz wifi gone

Hi I've been having problems on and off with my wifi so after searching through here I've tried all the usual reset's and separating the speeds changing channels etc but now the 2.4ghz wifi has stopped working completely. The 5 is OK when using my phone and tablet but when im lookin at the 2.4 on an app its just not there. I've got sky any various smart devices that don't like the 5ghz band so they're now inop. Is there any thing I can try or get a firmware update or is this likely to be a dead router ?.

Cheers for the help

8 REPLIES 8
scumz

Re: 2.4 ghz wifi gone

Hi I don't know if this has been looked at but I noticed this morning my router had just had a firmware update. I've left it about an hour but the 2.4ghz signal is still inop. I've reset the router etc and still no joy any idea's. 

Cheers 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If you've gone into the router advanced wifi settings and checked that it's switched on and more than one device is telling you that there's no signal then one can only assume that the router is bust and you need a new one. Is it less than a year old and hence still in its warranty period? 

If it's out of warranty then you can ring Plusnet and try to get a new one out of them in exchange for a renewed contract. If they won't play ball get a Smarthub 6 from Ebay for very little money and use that instead, it has better wifi performance. Setting instructions are here.   https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi there, could you check for us to see which firmware version the router has been updated to please? You'll find that under "troubleshooting" then "helpdesk" - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scumz

Hi I turned the router off over night and it seems to be OK at the moment I presume it needed downtime to sort itself out. Cheers

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, that's good to see. Cheers for letting us know and do shout up if that becomes an issue again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scumz

Hi I'm not sure if this link is still active but my 2.4ghz wifi has gone again. My firmware is Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 24/02/19 and i've been trying reset's and the like but no joy. My 5ghz signal is fine but some of my smart devices can't use it so I need 2.4ghz. There's been no new device's connected before it went off and nothing has changed around the house any ideas ?. Cheers Andy

scumz

Another quick addition Ive just reset it through the hub settings section on the pc and now it works is there anything to try to stop it shutting itself off ?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @scumz

Outside of a hardware fault I'm unsure why this is occurring - if it happens again, let us know and we'll look at replacing the router for you.

Best wishes

Dave