Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£19.99 per month plus net unlimited fibre

FIXED
kyber
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

£19.99 per month plus net unlimited fibre

Notwithstanding my FTTC broadband is not working at the moment, thought I should do a quick sanity check with the community on the price I'm paying as I currently get a monthly bill of £42.98 which includes the call anytime £6 per month charge (dumb as we never call out using the landline these days, will change that).

Apparently, I'm on the market 2/3 charge. 

This is a 40/2 max throughput service.

I've been on this plan for a good number of years.

Last time I reviewed, Virgin would not service my property, but now they will.

So, am I on a poor tariff?

9 REPLIES 9
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: £19.99 per month plus net unlimited fibre

I would say you could do better on price, i currently pay around £44 for the 80/20 service including anytime calls and caller display, been on that since i joined plusnet 3 years ago  Wink

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Same as me except I am paying just under £40 (then again I called customer options)

Going back to the opening post - those numbers don't tie up as you should be paying a lot less than that on the standard tariff unless you have a chunk of options on your phone bill

To add this is what a standard bill should include except for 40/2 you should reduce it by £5

2016-05-05_094544.jpg

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Fix
I pay £31 a month for 80/20 and just line rental. A huge difference to paying £27 for line and slow adsl from sky.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@Oldjim wrote:

To add this is what a standard bill should include except for 40/2 you should reduce it by £5

2016-05-05_094544.jpg

Just to clarify a little, the line shown as 'Talk Anytime charge' actually means 'Line Rental' - obviously the actual call plan is shown separately.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
kyber
Rising Star

Thanks guys. Looks like I should give customer service a call once my broadband is working again.

i want to avoid signing up for a new contract though as trying to sell up and downsize so want to keep options open for broadband at new property especially as might rent for a while to get or build house we want. 

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I too am on the 40/2 "unlimited" fibre and only upgraded 10 days ago. I pay £27.48 inluding line rental and caller display. No outgoing landline calls except to free and PN numbers. Market B(2/3) exchange.

I doubt you'll get a major reduction without commiting to a minimum term contract. Worth a try though.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

kyber wrote:

This is a 40/2 max throughput service.

I've been on this plan for a good number of years.

You're on an 80/20 service.

Although we currently offer "Unlimited Fibre" (40/2) and "Unlimited Fibre Extra" (80/20) you're not actually on either of these packages, you are on "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre" which is an old package that is no longer sold, but is essentially the same as Unlimited Fibre Extra.

Apologies for any confusion. I hope that clears things up.

Either way, it may still be worth giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Select the option for thinking of leaving) to see if there's anything they can offer on a new contract, if you're interested in that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@kyber wrote:

i want to avoid signing up for a new contract though as trying to sell up and downsize so want to keep options open for broadband at new property especially as might rent for a while to get or build house we want. 

This will hamstring you in getting a good deal though Sad

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
kyber
Rising Star

Thx for clarifying Harry. Always tricky when products change. I can live with the deal I have (not that I ever get 40Mbps or better anyway).

All academic at the moment as my broadband has been down all week (although got a message this evening telling me everything is fixed - shame as broadband and phone line are both dead).