Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#178951369 Power issues now sync is 20MB slower

s88urd
Dabbler

#178951369 Power issues now sync is 20MB slower

Hi everyone.

I have had a rock solid connection with plusnet for some times now, syncing at around 68MB down and 19MB up.

Recently we had power issues at my property which caused the router to turn off quite a few times over the space of a weekend, this has unfortunatley caused my sync speed to drop to around 40MB down (up doesnt see to be affected)

I have spoken to two separate people on the phone, but unfortunatley neither support call has resolved the issue, I was promised a call back within 48 hours of 16th but I have received nothing Sad Moving forward I have connected my original ECI VDSL modem to ensure any router issues does not affect the connection.

I understand this is probably just DLM slowing the line down, and all I want to do is get this reset so my sync speed returns to normal.

Best regards

Sam

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: #178951369 Power issues now sync is 20MB slower

Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped.

I've tested your line and whilst the speeds have dropped this isn't due to DLM as your DLM profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Interleaving On"

The sync speeds have increased slightly but the speeds are still lower than your estimates.

We'll update your open fault shortly but the issue will likely need a engineer visit

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team