Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 days in and only getting half my minimum speed

FIXED
mjeb
Dabbler

14 days in and only getting half my minimum speed

I received my email this morning telling me that after 14 days all is well and I should be averaging over 75mb/s down. In reality I’m averaging about 30mb/s over the last 14 days.

I have had a few speed tests returning my expected speeds but overall performance has been less than promised. All tests have been performed over WiFi.

Can someone please assist.
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: 14 days in and only getting half my minimum speed

Welcome to the forum Smiley

First thing you will be asked to do is test using a cable connected to the router - can you do that and post the results back here?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

All tests have been performed over WiFi.

You will need to do a wired test to determine whether the problem is the internet connection or just a wifi problem.

edit: got beaten to it

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mjeb
Dabbler

Ok, I will do a wired test when I get home this evening
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @mjeb, I'm sorry that you're having issues with your speed. I've tested the line today and this shows you're in sync at 79.9mb.

If when completing the wired test the speeds are still the same, I'd advise running through the troubleshooting here and raising a fault here.

If the issue is solely affecting your WiFi, I'd advise changing some of your routers settings, I've provided a guide on this here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mjeb
Dabbler

I've just run a wwired test and I'm getting 69 mb/s down.  I will try changing my router settings to see if I can improve the speeds over wifi.  Thanks for the help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cool. Let us know how it goes Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet