cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13mbps download speed for Fibre extra???

jaseace1978
Grafter

13mbps download speed for Fibre extra???

Over the last week or so my download speeds have dropped dramatically. Speed tests show download speeds as low as 13mbps when I have been getting between 60-70mbps consistently. I rang PN a few days ago who were supposed to be escalating the issue but I've had no update. I have done more than the 3 required BT speed  tests, the latest one is 13.9mbps download and 10.71 upload. My IP line profile is 68.07mbps although PN told me it was at 80mbps which is the maximum. Although 13mbps is the lowest speed I've had, it has generally being fluctuating around 20-30mbps which is still way less than what I have been getting so I'm a little bit frustrated to say the least at this unexplained drop in speed.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: 13mbps download speed for Fibre extra???

Hi there.

Testing your line is showing your modem in sync at 70mbps.

Can you test your speed using a PPPoE connection directly into the modem? A guide on how to do this can be found over here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Fibre-help-How-to-set-up-a-PPPoE-dialler-in-Vista-Windows-7/ba...

This will help narrow down where the issue lies.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Gandalf if the op is using a Hub one the modem / router are built in they would have to be told how to disable the router side of things if it can be done at all, if indeed your asking them to bypass the router.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We hadn’t sent a Hub One.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet