cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.5mb holiday connection better than my home fibre connection

Sticks
Dabbler

Re: 0.5mb holiday connection better than my home fibre connection

No change in timing and seems to happen all the time, no worse in the evening. If my new ipad pro 9.7 is not compatible with my new Plus One router........what do I do? Can I change the settings on either device or do I have to invest in new equipment? I honestly thought buying the latest gear would be a good thing to do!

Sticks
Dabbler

My ipad is using 5ghz on channel 48 but set to auto.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

At this point I would be looking to try a different router but I'm loathe to suggest you buy one just to see - plus how do you know the new router doesn't also have an issue? I suppose you could try changing the iPad to 2.4GHz. You'll likely lose some bandwidth but it doesn't sound like the game needs it. It's a bit of a long shot but it's worth a shot.

You might also want to consider starting a new thread titled something like 'My IPad seems to be having problems with my router' and see where it gets you.

At this point it's only conjecture that that's the problem but it's my best guess.

Edit: Damn. I just noticed that in another message you said it happened with an older router as well. That kinda puts a dent in my theory. Just for the record, which routers seem to have caused the problem so far (and if you know it what router did the holiday home have)?

Editl #2: Although looking on the web Apple devices do appear to have 'history' when it comes to wifi issues. I would definitely create the thread I suggested. I'm not entirely sure which forum section to create it in though as it's not really a fibre broadband issue. You really want to catch as many eyeballs as you can Smiley