cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.2mb upload speed on fibre :(

fffffffffffffff

0.2mb upload speed on fibre :(

I've been with plusnet for around 5 years and had almost no issues prior to this. 

The last few days I've been intermittently getting as low as 10mb down and 0.1mb up, with an average of around 30-40mb down and 0.2 up.

Reported a line fault, also tested bypassing the router and plugging my pcs ethernet cable into the modem direct and no improvement there.

Any suggestions? 

8 REPLIES 8
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: 0.2mb upload speed on fibre :(

Hi @fffffffffffffff

Really sorry this is happening for you.

This has now been forwarded to the relevant support team. We will carry on investigating your problem and your open fault will be updated as soon as more information is available.

To view the progress of this and see any updates feel free to keep checking this ticket on your account.

Thanks,

Alisdair

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I've just checked the fault report with our suppliers and I can see we've been advised to book an appointment for an engineers visit to investigate this further. I've updated your fault ticket for you.

If you let us know over here once you've replied we'll get the visit booked in for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fffffffffffffff

Update on the issues.

Rebooting the modem seemed to fix it as it was a daily problem, fixed it for a week then issues started again and rebooting the modem had no effect.
Plusnet sent a new modem out and it had been fine for a few weeks but the issue has come back. Speeds are higher during problem periods but disconnects are just as bad, over 10 already today.

This problem has been amplified by the new hub, the password wasn't set to my account password but the hubs admin password so whenever I do disconnect the connection password is reset to this incorrect default and I have to manually input my account password EVERY TIME. I can't permanently change that password to the correct one. 
This is beyond annoying.

Disconnects only been occuring again for the last 2-3 days and was infrequent at first ( once the first day ), 5+ yesterday and 10+ today ) but seems to be getting progressively worse.
I plugged into the test socket after the first 10 or so disconnects today, not sure how long to leave that before calling support again.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that the dropping connection issue has returned and that your new router is losing the account password whenever the connection drops. I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused.

I've updated the router details on your account and this should hopefully stop it from losing the password, please let us know if you continue to experience this problem.

I've tested your line to look into the dropping connection and this test is now picking up an external fault. I've raised this over to our suppliers for further investigation and we should receive an update within 72 hours. Our faults team will contact you once we have the update.

Please see the ticket on your account here for more information and a copy of today's test results.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
fffffffffffffff

following up on this I've been plugged into the test socket for the last 2 weeks and probably been experiencing around 1-2 disconnects per day, the router is still losing the password every time the line state is disconnected requiring manual re-entry. 

You mentioned the faults team would contact me once you had an update but I havn't had an email or phone call yet, any update on that front? 

Today I've had three disconnects so far, and line speed has dropped to 5meg down 0.22 up ( first time the speeds dropped in the last two weeks ). 

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi there,

I've checked the account and apparently a fault was resolved on the 8th June. The (very limited) notes from our supplier state "Exchange and End user".

I'd be interested to know if you see drops different to those those we see for you. Our logs have been pasted below for your reference. You shouldn't need to re-add details to the router though, did this happen with the previous router you used?

The faults team would usually pick up a fault ticket and update you, and I apologise that this didn't happen.

I've run a new line test for you but the test itself is failing. I've been advised to log to BTWholesale for them to run diagnostics. Further details at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=176155488

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
fffffffffffffff

The drops I've noticed for the last 2-3 days match what the logs show, typically I'd notice slow speeds for 5 minutes ( noticeable lag on web pages/streaming video ) before a disconnect followed by a disconnect and usually 2-10 minutes needing 2-3 line state reconnects before the connection came back. 

re: the router - I was using my own netgear router with the BT modem previously not a plusnet router, currently using the newly supplied hub. ( for the past month or so - one of the first attempts at troubleshooting this issue ). 

I just tried rebooting the router and leaving it for 10 minutes and it seems to have reconnected itself with the admin password set and not the account password so maybe that's fixed?  Typically the line state would show connected but I wouldn't get internet access until I changed the connection password back to the account password ( it defaults to the router admin password ). 

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm still unsure about the router losing the details, but the drops and the problems around the drops I want BT to look at.

I logged the fault earlier, and currently the update is "Trouble Report Accepted - Your fault report has been received. The fault will now move through either our automated or manual diagnostic process dependent on the initial test outcome.". Hopefully we'll have manual diagnostics done by BTWholesale over the weekend. If we haven't had an update by Monday at the latest, we need to give them a gentle push.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team