cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www urls showing directory listings of ccgi space

TonyJollans

www urls showing directory listings of ccgi space

I'm not very knowledgeable about web stuff - not completely ignorant but not very knowledgeable - and I don't understand the way that the cgi space is separated out. It seems that for all practical purposes there are two separate spaces and I have worked on that assumption.
The whole situation is slightly more complex but I think this is the pertinent detail:
I have set up a forum and it has a ccgi-prefixed url (ccgi.username.plus.com/forum) and it works, but ..
If I enter the www-prefix by mistake (www.username.plus.com/forum) I get a directory listing of all the forum bits. It seems that with the www url, the (default) index.php file is not recognised and so it delivers a complete directory listing.
My preference would be for the www url to run the php but, whatever, I am not happy with the directory list at present.
What can I do? And, if anyone is brave enough, why?
Thanks in advance,
Tony Jollans
4 REPLIES 4
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: www urls showing directory listings of ccgi space

It sounds like you have uploaded the forum software to the "www" server as well as the cgi server.
If this is the case just delete it from the "www" server, just make sure that you are on the correct one.
Chilly
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Tony,
I've had a look over your webspace and can't reproduce the directory listing you are getting. I can only assume you've fixed or removed whatever was causing the issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TonyJollans

Thanks, Chris - I wasn't expecting that Smiley
I do have the forum on my webspace (and not much else, as I do have web space elsewhere) - I was testing it there - but I am actually doing this for someone else, and it was in their space that I (thought I) saw the problem. However - and please accept my apologies ...
... I have jumped to a completely false conclusion and do not have the problem I described. I have a simple issue that I can solve.
As I said, I am not completely au fait with web stuff, but I am learning.
Thank you for your time.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Tony,
No need to apologise, that's what we're here for Wink
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.