Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www domain displayed in ccgi

Word_Warrior
Grafter

www domain displayed in ccgi

I've decided to revisit an old problem that I still haven't cracked yet Crazy
I have a very unsatisfactory frames redirect from my www space to my ccgi website. This causes the RSS in the address bar not to be displayed. I have changed the DNS records for the domain to point at my ccgi and placed a .htaccess folder in the root of my ccgi telling the domain to go to the sub folder. Now, all this works by typing in my domain in the address bar. http://www.dogsfriendly.co.uk and up pops my Joomla 1.5 CMS site perfect but.....
If I click the home link or log in the address in the address bar reverts to the ccgi address. I want to keep the www address at all times but it's doing my head in trawling through these forums trying to find an answer. I've got partial answers that is how I've got this far but nothing that seems to solve it entirely.
FYI
Left field  Type  Pri  Right field
mx                          20  mx.last.plus.net.
www  cname    ccgi.plus.net.
.htaccess is:-
RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} dogsfriendly.co.uk
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !dogsfriendly/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dogsfriendly/$1

Thanks in advance for any help in getting this sorted once and for all (I have several other sites requiring the same treatment.) Crazy
I think it's a paths thing but not a clue how to fix it.
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: www domain displayed in ccgi

Don't know the CMS but you probably specified ccgi.domain.com (or ccgi.username.plus.com) when setting up the CMS and this needs to change to your www address so it uses it in links - probably something like default URL.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Hmmmmmm! Almost there.
If expletives were allowed on this forum then they would punctuate my praise to emphasise my gratitude for putting what is possibly the penultimate piece in this jigsaw to you Peter. It's been something that's been bugging me for ages and now the link from the "home" button is correct and the www address stays in the address bar  Smiley Getting closer to converting the more important sites.
Just one issue remains. The submit article button should bring up an editor for submitting articles but all I get is a blank page. this is something I need to look at more closely then come back here when time permits. That said the bulk of the problem is now sorted. Thanks Peter and also the extensive stuff by Fflupi and the plusnet user group tutorials.
Now, if anyone has been having the same problem as me, i.e. Joomls CMS not doing what you'd expect. Peter's direction was correct. if by chance you'd put "ccgi.domain.plus.com" in between the '' in the line
var $live_site = '';
to get the css to work (in the configuration.php file). remove it or even put as Peter states www.domain.co.uk and the css problem goes away (assuming you've set the DNS Records and created the .htaccess file in the root of your ccgi). I'll pursue the issue with the submit article link later but for now Thanks everyone for your efforts for leading this "bear of very little brain" by the hand.
You can all go to bed tonight safe in the knowledge that you have done some good today.
Regards
Andy aka Word Warrior or Pooh Bear. Crazy
Edit point: Bingo!!! Embarrassed The submit article page now works, now that I've actually selected an editor in the global configuration menu Embarrassed
Joomla! donchajusluvit!
Thanks everyone
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Quote from: Word
var $live_site = '';

Word of warning for now.
While the above solution worked on Joomla 1.5.x it seems not to work with this line in the configuration.php of Joomla 1.0.x
$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://ccgi.domain.plus.com';

The CSS doesn't get called leaving a text only mess. Not an issue for me as this particular site will be migrated to 1.5 which appears to work with this solution.
Another good reason to migrate to 1.5.4 Which I found not too difficult a task but not without it's 'minor' problems.