Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who owns a domain?

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: who owns a domain?

Good detective work there, it sounds pretty plausible.  Wink
So, @PL, carry on paying TT to manage the domain or find someone else to take that job over that you feel you can trust more. Simples.  Cool
Not 100% sure how the nameservers got changed though.....  Undecided
I did a search and found the following comments on one hosting companies web site that explains a fair bit:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For UK Domain Transfers
To transfer a UK domain, (.co.uk .me.uk .org.uk .ltd.uk) you must first submit a transfer on our website either by using the "Transfer Domains" option on the menu, or by choosing to transfer the domain when you place your hosting order. Once your order has been placed, you must ask your previous host to change the domain's Registrar Tag which is also known as the IPS Tag  to ours. Our tag name is ********. UK domains are free to transfer and no additional years are added as part of the process. If you don't contact your previous provider and have the tag changed to ********** it will not be transferred to us. UK domains don't carry 60 day transfer limitation and can be transferred at any time.
If your transfer fails
For all domain types other than .co.uk .org.uk .me.uk and .ltd.uk We will contact you if your transfer fails.
UK domains simply need a tag change (a process which takes literally minutes to perform). If the transfer hasn't been successful after 48 hours you will need to contact your previous host and find out why they have not performed the tag change yet.
Please note: A domain transfer simply changes who you pay your renewal fees to. Transferring your domain has no technical bearing on your hosting. You can register a domain anywhere and host it anywhere  - it is not necessary for the domain and hosting to be with the same provider. The nameservers point your domain to your website and email, so it is the nameservers alone that are responsible for the technical operation of your domain, regardless of any transfer.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks guys  Smiley
Yes I thought I was getting a free ride with 000webhost so at least I haven't been paying twice!
I will check with Ipage if I can register through them. I think TT are expensive for what they are doing  Shocked
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
1AlanM

You shouldn't be paying more than £6 +vat for 2 years of a .co.uk domain
I use www.penguin-uk.com for my domains,