Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webstats not generated (17th July)

Tony_W
Grafter

webstats not generated (17th July)

None so far...
At what time of day is it safe to assume that the PlusNet script has failed again?
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: webstats not generated (17th July)

I'm just chasing this up now to see if the scripts are still running or have failed, I'll update you ASAP.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It seems the script failed to run, I've raised a problem and posted a service status.
I'll let you know when it's completed.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: chrispurvey
It seems the script failed to run

Have been dealing with non-Internet stuff for quite some while now (not yet completed, another few weeks probably) but occurs to me to mention that (here, anyway) the Webstats for May / June / July all show the quantity of "sites" being less than the quantity of "visits" (so the orange bars are higher than the yellow ones).  In the days where Webstats worked more consistently, the yellow bars were visibly higher than the orange ones (and logically, the volume of visits needs to be greater than the volume of unique sites).
The unresolved/unknown factor of the pie chart is now at over 40% - similarly, when Webstats were working well, this would register at around 20%.
I just mention the above two factors in the hope that it might provide some clue as to where to look, for whatever is going wrong with Webstats.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Webstats has now complete and yesterdays stats should now be viewable. I've closed the service status off too.
Have been dealing with non-Internet stuff for quite some while now (not yet completed, another few weeks probably) but occurs to me to mention that (here, anyway) the Webstats for May / June / July all show the quantity of "sites" being less than the quantity of "visits" (so the orange bars are higher than the yellow ones).  In the days where Webstats worked more consistently, the yellow bars were visibly higher than the orange ones (and logically, the volume of visits needs to be greater than the volume of unique sites).
The unresolved/unknown factor of the pie chart is now at over 40% - similarly, when Webstats were working well, this would register at around 20%.
I just mention the above two factors in the hope that it might provide some clue as to where to look, for whatever is going wrong with Webstats.

Not actually sure why it would there would be a difference, it might be worth setting up Google Analytics to see if there's a difference and for peace of mind.