cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webstats missing (again)?

Tony_W
Grafter

webstats missing (again)?

Still showing those generated yesterday.
Nothing on the service status.
Is it the same for everybody?
Tony
11 REPLIES 11
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: webstats missing (again)?

Quote from: Tony
Is it the same for everybody?

Not here yet, either 😕
Just looked on Service Status to see if there'd been maintenance of some sort this weekend, but the most recent shown was for Tuesday 24th August.  Usually it seems to have been some sort of systems overhaul having happened that throws the webstats out or makes them late, but not this time, I don't think.
May be worth raising a ticket to make sure this gets flagged up somewhere, might not get noticed otherwise, being a bank holiday weekend.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Tony_W
Grafter

Thanks for the 'me too' Penny.
Just had a phone call from Business Customer Support - I rang them at 7.30 this morning and they said that they would ring back between 9 and 10am.
The CS person said that networks are looking into it. I said that it wasn't just me that was affected, but he offered no more information regarding a time scale for their generation. I said that the script needed to be run manually (I also said this at 7.30 this morning).
I wouldn't get your hopes up before Tuesday as it is a bank holiday.
Still nothing on Service Status.
Tony
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

The CS person said that networks are looking into it.

... well, that's a good sign.  Networks almost always manage to fix it "on the day" - so long as they know, that's the main thing.
I said that the script needed to be run manually (I also said this at 7.30 this morning).

... raised a ticket at 11.04am (#34926830) and, like you, asked if someone could start the run manually.  I also linked to this thread so that whoever in Networks the ticket gets passed to, can hopefully put an update here even if Service Status doesn't get done.
I wouldn't get your hopes up before Tuesday as it is a bank holiday.

Would have been less hopeful if "just one ticket" raised and no response, but given you've had a call back already and Networks are definitely on the case, should all be fine, I trust 😕
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I've just spoken to a CS agent in Sheffield who advised fixing this was in hand under problem 63069. My understanding is the problem has been "fixed" - meaning the script is running - but will obviously take time to complete.
David
David
Tony_W
Grafter

I take it all back - the webstats are now available. Smiley
Tony
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

the webstats are now available. Smiley

Both sets have arrived here also - however I might just leave the ticket open until there's some advice from Networks as to why the auto-run didn't happen - if there was a 'problem' generated (63069, thanks David) then something must have happened to stop them running as normal.
Realise it's bank holiday weekend so we probably won't get an update till Tuesday 😕
The stats themselves much appreciated, though.

Regards,
Penny.
fusian
Grafter

Hi all,
Once again thanks for flagging this with us. I have had a look at problem 63287 this morning and can see that this should have indeed been resolved fully.
Looking over the notes from the engineering team it appears for some unknown reason the stats failed to be copied correctly from one server to the other and had to be completed manually.
If you find you do raise a ticket on the webstats and find its not been answered within a couple of hours please do give us a call so that we can deal with this as quickly as possible, more often than not we're already onto the problem but sometimes things like this do get missed.
Hope you all have a great bank holiday and any problems give us a shout Smiley
kdiment
Rising Star

You may have fixed yesterday's problem but has the same thing happened again today? Webstats misssing.
- Keith D.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: fusian
Looking over the notes from the engineering team it appears for some unknown reason the stats failed to be copied correctly from one server to the other and had to be completed manually.
Hope you all have a great bank holiday and any problems give us a shout Smiley

Many thanks for the update on what caused yesterday's issues Smiley  and to the engineering team for the fix.
However, as Keith pointed out, today's Webstats haven't materialised on schedule - maybe the same issue?
As requested I have updated Ticket #34926830 and also put in a call to Support, and was told that Webstats are already in the 'monitoring system' and that a new problem will be raised now so that this can be looked at again.
Regards,
Penny.
fusian
Grafter

Good Afternoon,
Thank you all for raising this with us and please accept my apologies that this issue has cropped up again. We have now raised a further problem on ref: 63294 and Sarah from the networks team has performed some triage to get the webstats for today up and running and although they will be a little late, they wont be lost.
We are also keeping the problem open for further investigation to be completed tomorrow when the Networks team are back in the office to try and get to the bottom of whats causing the problem. I will keep an eye on this myself tomorrow and ensure the webstats are run if they don't complete automatically.
I hope your all having a good bank holiday Smiley
fusian
Grafter

Good morning,
We have now isolated a problem with a missing file which was causing the script to fail and this has now been resolved, as such you shouldn't have any further difficulties with the webstats running automatically.
If you do see any problem please do let us know and we will pick these up asap for you Smiley

Thanks.