cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webspace/FTP quotas

satkins

webspace/FTP quotas

When oh when will Plusnet implement hard quota limits on the webspace/ftp accounts?  I'm sick of getting rude emails from 'PlusNet Abuse Team' (a name I find abhorrent by the way PlusNet if you're reading this - as I am not trying to abuse you in any way), which tell me to upgrade my account as I'd be in the same position with twice the space.
I find the practise of letting me go over my quota and then sending me messages to pay for more totally unacceptable.  If they implemented hard limits then I would be forced to make room before uploading more files
*simples*
I decided to write a formal complaint about this direct to PlusNet, but I have done so before and they have a tendency to either ignore you  or write some naff reason as to why they can't do it.
Ironically I never had these issues when I was with Madasafish.. oh how I regret moving...
Also interestingly I see on their own website a poll and the number 2 problem from their customers (after broadband speed is webspace limits).
2 REPLIES 2
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: webspace/FTP quotas

Quote from: satkins
I find the practise of letting me go over my quota and then sending me messages to pay for more totally unacceptable.

So would trading standards. They've got to realistically give you some idea about the quantity of what you're being provided with as a paying customer otherwise imposing charges for going over your non-detailed limit would technically be a penalty which cannot be issued as they are not a state owned organisation.
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: webspace/FTP quotas

If it is a Plusnet paid hosting I assume it is this one http://payh.co.uk/price.php and this gives the limits for each package