cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website

WILT
Grafter

website

I have a simple website currently hosted by fasthosts/freewebs containing paintings and  a description of our small gallery. I also own the domain name 
                                                    ofg etc
  Can this be moved to plusnet simply and at what cost.

I struggle with the syntax requirements of the internet so could the explanation be in laymans terms as far as is applicable ?
  Thanks in advance to Net Gurus -------  grovel, grovel.

WILT

6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: website

Hosting the domain is free.
Go into your fasthosts control panel and change the nameservers for the domain to ns1.force9.net & ns2.force9.net. Then check via www.dnsstuff.com that the nameservers have changed.
When they have, raise a ticket on your PN account asking for the domain to be hosted only on your account. Once the ticket has been actioned your are done and you can upload your website to your plusnet webspace.
You may want to put the domain into a folder on your webspace. To do this use your FTP program to create a directory then go to your domain config page (under domains on the member centre) and specify the folder in the directory box.
WILT
Grafter

Thank you Peter ,
              I,ll print that off and go through it step by step. and hopefully collect some of my eggs into one basket!
WILT
Grafter

Could a moderator please delete or change the wording that indicates oldfor------------etc because the web crawlers have found this post and are displaying it which was not my intention .I have not finished constructing my new web pages and the web site is not yet ready for publication and my question to the experts here is not what I want people to find when looking for the site (when i eventually finish it).
                  Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can modify your own posts!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Wilt,
Try this Smiley
WILT
Grafter

OOPs,
      What a wally(me) , another senior moment from yours in ignorance ,
                          Thanks everyone