cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website removal

john936

website removal

Hi,
I'm new to building a website and uploading it. Apparently I have uploaded 4 websites on my web space and have made a complete balls of things. I am using Frontpage 2003, it keeps asking for my username and password, but when i enter them it keeps asking for them. I have also tried using other FTP software to upload my site and I am now getting very frustrated. How, if it is at all possible do I delete the whole thing and start again? Cry
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: website removal

Welcome to the forum john936 Smiley
You could use something like FireFTP in Firefox, navigate to your htdocs folder and delete everything in there.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
oliverb
Grafter

Re: website removal

Putting ftp://ftp.plus.net into Windows Explorer allows you to browse FTP. At least on XP it does.
In my experience the Frontpage uploader stalls on large updates, which quickly became very annoying, as it couldn't resume an interrupted transfer.
I've read that the plusnet server has a transfer rate limit, Frontpage is probably exceeding it.
I've had good results using Filezilla FTP for my uploads.