cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website archived for using excessive bandwidth - how do I get it back on line?

FIXED
mwillis

website archived for using excessive bandwidth - how do I get it back on line?

I have the same problem as answered in "wesite using excessive bandwidth".  I have followed the email suggested route of asking a question (ID: 184173418) but with no response since Friday 2nd Nov.  What am I doing wrong? 

Contacting your very helpful CSC analyst resulted in another question (ID: 184246034) but that has not prompted an answer either. 

I have been a Force 9 customer since 2002 and have used your standard web site facility almost since the start.  The web site has exceeded bandwidth once in that time, presumably by a user downloading too much - it was restored then.  I apologise if I accidentally initiated a download or upload myself, but I am not aware of doing that.

I would appreciate your help very much. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: website archived for using excessive bandwidth - how do I get it back on line?

Fix

Hi there.

Sorry to hear your website has been archived and for the delayed response on your account.

I've raised a task (ref: INFOPS-5143) with our infrastructure operational engineers to restore it for you. I'd expect this to be done within the next 3 working days but it's usually sooner.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back.

[edit]

This should be sorted for you now.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mwillis

Re: website archived for using excessive bandwidth - how do I get it back on line?

Thank you very much for getting the website restored; I try to keep it regulaly updated as it includes event information for the church I attend and is quite well used.  I really appreciate the provision of the web space and support. 

If you could point me in the direction of 'things I should do to prevent this happening again', that would be useful, otherwise...

Many thanks again,

Malcolm

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem Malcolm.

Not sure there is anything I could say which would prevent this happening again. Unfortunately the amount of space/bandwidth we provide for our webspace is relatively low as it's just a value added service.

If you do find it archived again, please feel free to let us know over here and we'll be happy to sort it out for you. Smiley

P.S. Thanks for your loyalty over the past 16 years!

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@mwillis

High resolution images are the type of website content which can lead to high bandwidth use. Does your site contain lots of these for example photographs of events which have taken place which accompany blog articles or emailed newsletters.

Also is there any likelihood that other websites might be hot linking to one or more of your images for presentation on their pages?

David
mwillis

They are good points, thank you.  I don't think I have many large files, but I will review and remove anything that is unnecessary - when I get 5 minutes that is.  I doubt if anyone is hot linking, but you never know. 

Many thanks David for taking the time to make those suggestions.

Malcolm