cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web pages

josiegrace
Dabbler

web pages

i have up loaded my web site but i cant get the forms to work i created it in publisher:'( can anybody help me?
19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: web pages

What kind of forms? Posting the info to another page or via email onwards? What errors are you getting? What does the code look like?
ps This might be better in Webspace Help, I'm sure a friendly mod will move it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think we'll need some more detail before we can help any, for example which forms you're using and what you want them to do? also any error messages and if possible (ie if it doesn't give away any information about yourself that you're not happy to give) the URL for the website so we can have a look at the site and source?
Please let us know, thanks,
Not applicable

Quote from: Chris
ps This might be better in Webspace Help, I'm sure a friendly mod will move it.

Indeed!
It will probably be seen by the web experts if its in this board.
josiegrace
Dabbler

Quote from: josiegrace
i have up loaded my web site but i cant get the forms to work i created it in publisher:'( can anybody help me?

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404 
  Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
    Retype the address. 

Go back to the previous page.

Go to  and look for the information you want. 

More information
www.planningpartnership.com
josiegrace
Dabbler

hi chris
The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404 
  Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
    Retype the address. 

Go back to the previous page.

Go to  and look for the information you want. 

More information

the error message is
this is my first time on this site so be  Cheesy all the forms are preset into publisher
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Have just clicked on the link to www.planningpartnership.com and it came up no problem with me using IE6
Found the General response form, and it seems to fill in o.k.  but did not submit it....
can give it a "anon" in all boxes and submit if that is any help.....
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

When I try using the form and submit it takes me to http://www.planningpartnership.com/index_files/--WEBBOT-SELF--
This is the line that is doing this
<form action=--WEBBOT-SELF-- method=post>

It looks like the form needs frontpage extensions and will not work on the normal www webspace.
Publisher is not a good application to design websites in.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Also try the website in firefox and opera browsers. The graphics & pictures don't look good and some links do not work.
josiegrace
Dabbler

Quote from: Peter
When I try using the form and submit it takes me to http://www.planningpartnership.com/index_files/--WEBBOT-SELF--
This is the line that is doing this
<form action=--WEBBOT-SELF-- method=post>

It looks like the form needs frontpage extensions and will not work on the normal www webspace.
Publisher is not a good application to design websites in.

hi peter
i think you are so right but i am not a web page designer and i can only use publisher i have activated my front page extention with my account but the form still will not work do you have any idears Embarrassed
josiegrace
Dabbler

Quote from: shutter
Have just clicked on the link to www.planningpartnership.com and it came up no problem with me using IE6
Found the General response form, and it seems to fill in o.k.  but did not submit it....
can give it a "anon" in all boxes and submit if that is any help.....

shutter
the form is ok it just wont submit any help would be good thanks
josiegrace
Dabbler

Quote from: Peter
Also try the website in firefox and opera browsers. The graphics & pictures don't look good and some links do not work.

so what could i do about that then and dont say design it in something eles lol
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Frontpage uses a different web server so activating it will make no difference where it is.
Having not used publisher I am only guessing about frontpage as it uses webbots for things like forms. I suspect it relies on it being run on a windows based web server but PlusNet us *nix based ones so it would not recognise all the special coding in the page.
Can't help any further. Hopefully someone who does know publisher / frontpage can help.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Hi Josie,
I used Publisher 98 for my website originally as I didn`t know html (still don`t) but, like you was told that it puts a load of rubbish into the html..... (my orig site had 450 photographs and when uploaded was 150mb) when I re-did it using another program with 500 photographs it was  (is 90mb) so you can see how much "rubbish" publisher put in to it....
I was given a link to DreamweaverCS3 which has a horizontal split screen, so you can do your website like publisher in the bottom half, and then it "updates" the html in the top half..... so you can see how the html makes the page and mess about with it....
I will see if I can find the link and send it in a PM for you if you want to try it   Smiley
josiegrace
Dabbler

Quote from: shutter
Hi Josie,
I used Publisher 98 for my website originally as I didn`t know html (still don`t) but, like you was told that it puts a load of rubbish into the html..... (my orig site had 450 photographs and when uploaded was 150mb) when I re-did it using another program with 500 photographs it was  (is 90mb) so you can see how much "rubbish" publisher put in to it....
I was given a link to DreamweaverCS3 which has a horizontal split screen, so you can do your website like publisher in the bottom half, and then it "updates" the html in the top half..... so you can see how the html makes the page and mess about with it....
I will see if I can find the link and send it in a PM for you if you want to try it  (it`s free)  Smiley

Hi Shutter
Thanks i do appriciate it yes please send it over Grin