cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning to everybody with .com address

puddy
Grafter

warning to everybody with .com address

Plusnet told me today that they cannot auto renew any .com address any more.
I have not had any warning about this and have now lost my site  Its a good job its not a business site
puddy
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: warning to everybody with .com address

Hi Puddy,
I'm sorry about the hassle you've had, I've had a chat with the agent you've talked to and will try and find out some more about what's going on here. To everyone, we'll be back with more information very shortly.
Cheers,
Matt
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: warning to everybody with .com address

Right, I've just been talking to our network engineers about this to try and track down what happened.
Basically years ago we swapped our registrar for .com domains from network solutions to enom. At the time customers were invited to switch across for free or were given administration of their own account. In your case, puddy, looking at the ticket it seems you opted for the latter as your name is down as the admin and technical contact when you look at your domain on the network solutions website and it's your email address as the contact, so network solutions should have sent you a notification to let you know the domain was up for renewal.
If there's anyone else that thinks they might be affected by this, do a whois lookup on your domain (http://www.xwhois.com is one free option for this) and see if Network Solutions is shown as your registrar. If so it's likely you're in the same situation. Puddy, if you want to let us administer the domain for you just let us know by raising a ticket via http://contactus.plus.net (you'll probably have to unlock the domain for transfer with Network Solutions first) and we'll transfer it over for free.
Hope that helps, please let me know if you need to know any more.
Cheers,
Matt