cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access ftp login

cameronhair

unable to access ftp login

I have waited 12 hours as stated on the plus net site, so i can upload my site.  I can see my website storage on my member center so it looks like its active.
But when i try and log into the ftp site, i get password incorrect error and its driving me mad.
Has anybody got any ideas???
10 REPLIES 10
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: unable to access ftp login

Are you a new customer - if so do you have roadband with PN yet?
What webspace are you refering to: www or ccgi
What ftp host are you trying to connect to? for www you use ftp.plus.net, for ccgi you use ccgi.plus.net and both use your normal portal login & password.
cameronhair

i am using smartfp and also tried from dos cli.  Only www at the moment working up to what i need for cgi environment
I am a newly registered broadband user, just waiting for activation.
I can get to loging in via ftp client but will refuse my login details.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

I think your webspace is not accessible until you are activated.
cameronhair

ok thanks, must have read the blurp wrong sure it said available after 12 hours after signup.  Embarrassed
ill wait till then, design it ready offline
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

You should be able to access your FTP space TBH. I've just tried though and I couldn't login either Huh
I've given things a kick at this side. Try again in 4 hours or so. If you're still having problems then, raise a ticket to our support team using the Help Assistant on our website.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

TheFunkeyGibbon

I had this problem. Check Windows Firewall. I thought I had it switched off but because there was an issue with my normal Firewall Windows seems to have decided to switch it's own crappy solution back on. It seems to kill FTP dead.
Poxy Microsoft!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I don't have a problem, I use Firefox on an XP machine with Zone-alarm - no problem.
On my XP machine if I turn off zone-alarm, I get a message in the bottom bar to say your machine is a risk, you can say s... off and it will.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

As Bob has indicated, this is/was a problem with the account and nothing to do wih the OP's email client or system.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I actually raised a problem about this yesterday as I'd seen another customer with the same issue. It's easy to fix on a single user basis but obviously shouldn't be happening in the first instance.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just checked and the kick that Bob gave it last night seems to have done the trick.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.