cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with google chrome, freezing since joining plusnet

blueyamahas

trouble with google chrome, freezing since joining plusnet

I have been on windows 10 since it was launched and always run Microsoft edge as my default browser and used google chrome as my search engine, but since joining plusnet I have had serious trouble with the site freezing, which the only way out of this, is to reboot my computer, I never had this trouble with bt who is changed from, has anyone else had the same problem or can someone tell me how to sort this problem

6 REPLIES 6
Marketman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: trouble with google chrome, freezing since joining plusnet

I too have been having this exact same problem over the last couple of weeks or so. I have been with Plusnet for almost 9 months so I don't think they are at fault, I suspect a Windows 10 or Chrome update. A clean with CCleaner helps for a day or two at least.

decomplexity
Rising Star

Which antivirus system are you using pls?

Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
Marketman
Rising Star

I am using McAfee Plusnet Protect. The 'lock up' was occuring daily up to a couple of days ago, since then it has been ok.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I get the same trouble but I don't believe Plusnet is at fault, it's most likely a bug with Chrome, it's not the best of browsers. Most annoyingly I find Chrome continues to run even when closed and a quick check in task manager shows it's using several hundred megs of memory at all times. Funnily enough I've also noticed a similar freeze issue with MS's Edge browser so maybe it's related to something else like Java or Flash, if they still use that?

Marketman
Rising Star

Just remembered that this might be Ad Blocker that might be causing this after a similar experience 12 months ago. After disabling blocker everything worked fine, I then reinstalled it and everything was ok again. I haven't done this yet this time as Chrome has not frozen for at least a week now (if it works leave well alone!).

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

That's quite possible, I use Ad Blocker myself and it does sometimes play up. See how it goes and if the problem returns try disabling Ad Blocker and restart your browser.