cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I stay or should I go?

ad47uk
Grafter

should I stay or should I go?

some good offers out there including one that do not have a contract, slightly cheaper and they have a streaming Tv service thrown in which I already pay for, so that would save money. 

another one that do have a contract, but a good £6 a month cheaper.

the problem is that while some people have had problems with plusnet it have been pretty good here, ok i get the odd slowdown, but most of the time it have been ok. 

Been out of minimum contract for a while now and how long will it before plusnet put their prices up again?

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: should I stay or should I go?

For the past few years, Plusnet have increased prices from September. So that maybe the same this year. Who really knows? Plusnet will not "telegraph" any price increase by mentioning it on the forums.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I'd expect the line rental to go up by £1 in September, but the broadband market is competitive so broadband prices, especially for new customers, might not increase, or only increase marginally.

Have you spoken to Customer Options about their current offers for existing customers?

ad47uk
Grafter

May do, it is getting stupid prices now to be honest

ad47uk
Grafter

Yes, line rental will go up again, it is a total rip off to be honest, we pay more and get nothing extra for it and yet waste of time Offcom does nothing.

i have not spoken to customer options yet, I am still deciding what to do.

ad47uk
Grafter

You are right, the rip of line rental is going up once again, this is getting stupid now, year after year line rental goes up and yet we get nothing for it. the broadband service goes downhill. Oh yes plusnet is going to give us Plusnet Call Protect, that is fine if you have a phone connected and you use it which I do not.

Well plusnet, it have been nice, but I do not think you are good value anymore, so now is the time to find something a bit cheaper.

Even now TV (sky) is cheaper for 12 months and that includes a entertainment pack and no contract., my only problem with now TV is their router.