cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server application hosting

MuppetGrinder
Grafter

server application hosting

Hey all, I was just curious if it would be possable to host and run a server application on my webspace, specificly TeamSpeak.  I run a guild in a fairly demanding MMORPG and we could really use TS facilities.  When I tryed hosting it on my own PC it stuffed my connection so badly I could hardly move in game.  I really don't fancy forking out £120 a month for a pro hosted server (we need 100+ seats)
I did think about sneeking it onto one of the servers here at my work, but I heard that there is some legal issue or other with doing that and not telling anyone Roll_eyes
Also curious as to whither or not there is support for remote shell access to the account area that would let me execute applications in the space (I'm thinking no, but it doesn't hurt to ask Grin )
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: server application hosting

The short answer is no.
The long answer is that it would be better to get a professional Teamspeak host, and I would seriously recommend http://www.darkstarllc.com/services/teamspeak-servers/ - I used these for a couple of years before I moved to my own hosted colo servers.
They do have servers hosted in London, (or across Europe if that's more convenient) and their support is excellent.
You can also get you guild to make donations directly to them Smiley
B.
MuppetGrinder
Grafter

Re: server application hosting

grrr at the no, even though it was expected  Grin
And I'm not the type of GL that charges, the whole principle that the guild is built on is fun, I can't justify charging people for that Wink
guess It's time to explore other avenues then, I know the hosting used for the guild site is flash MS compatable.....