cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS question

FIXED
gooral22

rDNS question

Hi. I jus had a chat over the phone with customer service and been told that i can't change my revese DNS any more. I have a static IP. Can one of the admins please clarify it ? Im trying to run my own mail server and most big providers marking emails from my server as spam because rDNS is not matching my domain.

Thanks.

Sam 

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: rDNS question

Well it was definitely possible 3 weeks ago ! https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/reverse-dns-for-static-ip-no-longer-possible/m-p/17001...

I'm sure one of the PN help team will be along shortly to assist (and hopefully re-educate Customer services!)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@gooral22 

You can get rDNS changed, I dit it recently. See message #5 in the link in MisterW's post. It is actually one of the few things you can request via a ticket (question) so avoiding wasting time phoning and speaking to front line support who probably haven't got a clue.

In my case it was actioned in a few hours on a Sunday and showed up the next day.😀

gooral22

Thanks for all the answers. I submited the request via ticket and now awaiting answer.  @MisterW  @RealAleMadrid i think you are right. First line support didnt have a clue what i am asking for , as he kept takling abut my login and my router. I was trying to explain him but he just didn't listen at all, put me on hold to speak to his teamleader and came back saying that its is impossible. I understand that this kind a request is a bit unusual, but i was quite supprised that even his boss didnt know what reverse DNS is. Anyway, ticket submitted and now awaiting  happy ending.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Thanks for your post @gooral22 and apologies for the delayed response.

I've just picked up your ticket and actioned the rDNS change for you.

You should see the update within the next 24-48 hours.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gooral22

Thanks a lot.

Sam