Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS is now only available to business customers

FIXED
njw
Hooked

rDNS is now only available to business customers

Further to my original post (here ) where i requested that my rDNS be reset back to my ip address instead of my user name, I received this update to my ticket saying rDNS is now only available to business customers 😠 (I think the 'are eligible' in the first sentence is a typo as its clear from the second paragraphs that this isnt the case)

@adamwalker (or any other plusnet staff here) - are you able to confirm that the following is correct ?

We have been advised that Residential accounts are eligible to use rDNS. This is likely the reason why your settings have reverted. 

rDNS is now only available to Business customers. You would need to move over to a Business account to continue to use rDNS with us.  We appreciate your patience in this matter and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So, has anyone here with a residential account actually had their rDNS changed to something other than their username ?

Alternatively, is it possible to get my username changed to something more random than my actual name ?

This is doubly frustrating as I've just accepted a Plusnet offer to lock my contract at a reduced rate for 12 months; had I known my rDNS  was stuck as my real name I'd have given serious consideration to moving elsewhere as I really, really don't want it to be like this

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: rDNS is now only available to business customers

That’s not correct however I have seen this recently for other tasks we’ve raised into our NetOps team. We’ve fed back as the process still very much says rDNS is available for residential accounts (as well as business).

I’ve left the office now but we’ll pick this back up for you as soon as possible to sort this out. Really sorry for the confusion. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
njw
Hooked

Thanks for the update @Gandalf - let me know how you get on Smiley and have a good weekend.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @njw 

Cheers, you have a good weekend too Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Decided to log on from home to do some overtime Tongue One of the perks of being able to WFH!

I've re-raised the NetOps task now (ref: INFOPS-76060) and the rDNS should hopefully be changed shortly which may be over the weekend but may more likely be next week. 

[edit]

@njw, your rDNS has now been set to IP.plus.com but allow up to 4 hours for DNS to fully propagate.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
njw
Hooked

@Gandalf  Thanks very much Smiley that's sorted it now

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, no problem @njw 

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet