cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS changes

Hooked

rDNS changes

Hey all, 

Is there anyway I can get my rDS of my static IP chnged without having to phone the call centre.

There are several reason I don't want to phone:

1. Not all advisers know about the rDNS (from experience of having to tell them that this is an actual thing that they can do)!

2. I would rather at this time give priority to customers who need support for issues such as non working phone lines, especially with lots of places being locked down.

3. Sometimes the long wait times - having a poor phone system that cuts you off in the middle of the queue and then having to ring back infurriates me, as I'm sure it does other people.

Thanks in advance all Smiley

3 REPLIES 3
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 28

Re: rDNS changes

@kryptor 

You can get rDNS changed, using the ticket system. I did it earlier this year. See message #5 in the linked thread below.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/reverse-dns-for-static-ip-no-longer-possible/m-p/17001... 

It is actually one of the few things you can request via a ticket (question) so avoiding wasting time phoning and speaking to front line support who probably haven't got a clue.

In my case it was actioned in a few hours on a Sunday and showed up the next day.:grinning_face: May not be quite so fast in the present Covid situation.

Hooked

@RealAleMadrid Thanks for the reply.

I've followed your link as suggested and requested the change of rDNS  so fingers crossed I get a speedy response Smiley

Hooked

Just giving everyone an update - still not had the rDNS changed since 02/11/20 - 3 weeks on and only yesterday (22/11/20) was it passed internally to someone!!

I currently have no hope in PlusNet support at this time 😟