Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS changes

kryptor
Hooked

rDNS changes

Hey all, 

Is there anyway I can get my rDS of my static IP chnged without having to phone the call centre.

There are several reason I don't want to phone:

1. Not all advisers know about the rDNS (from experience of having to tell them that this is an actual thing that they can do)!

2. I would rather at this time give priority to customers who need support for issues such as non working phone lines, especially with lots of places being locked down.

3. Sometimes the long wait times - having a poor phone system that cuts you off in the middle of the queue and then having to ring back infurriates me, as I'm sure it does other people.

Thanks in advance all Smiley

6 REPLIES 6
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: rDNS changes

@kryptor 

You can get rDNS changed, using the ticket system. I did it earlier this year. See message #5 in the linked thread below.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/reverse-dns-for-static-ip-no-longer-possible/m-p/17001... 

It is actually one of the few things you can request via a ticket (question) so avoiding wasting time phoning and speaking to front line support who probably haven't got a clue.

In my case it was actioned in a few hours on a Sunday and showed up the next day.:grinning_face: May not be quite so fast in the present Covid situation.

kryptor
Hooked

@RealAleMadrid Thanks for the reply.

I've followed your link as suggested and requested the change of rDNS  so fingers crossed I get a speedy response Smiley

kryptor
Hooked

Just giving everyone an update - still not had the rDNS changed since 02/11/20 - 3 weeks on and only yesterday (22/11/20) was it passed internally to someone!!

I currently have no hope in PlusNet support at this time 😟

kryptor
Hooked

And here we go ...... the latest update from PN support............

Thank you for getting back in touch.

Please accept my apologies that you have been waiting for a month for confirmation on your request for reverse DNS setting up.

The further request made on the 30th of November had not been successful and it has been clarified that this is an option only now available on business support packages.

It is possible to convert to a business account by contacting our business support team on 0800 028 0282 between 09:00 and 17:30 Monday to Friday.

Anyone able to clarify if this is the case please - If so could you also clarify when this change was made...otherwise there is no point in having a static IP and due to the change in my contract with no notification (not that I am able to find anyway), I think I am now in a position to jump ship due to breach of contract 😠!!

kryptor
Hooked

@MatthewWheeler 

Hi Matthew, 

Following some other posts you seem to be the guy who can help with my request....please see thread that I have tried to contact PN support over a month ago and I'm still waiting for this to happen, but now being told it is not possible.

Any chance you can wave your magic wand and help get my rDNS updated to what i need please?

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @kryptor

I've raised this to the relevant team and I'll update you as soon as I know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team