Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS change please

manwithhabits
Hooked

rDNS change please

Hi,

Could somebody contact me regarding an rDNS change i would like please. I tried emailing Plusnet support 3 weeks ago, but the silence there has been deafening!

Thanks

MWH

5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: rDNS change please

@manwithhabits  Plusnet do not have any e-mail support so you have been wasting your time there. This forum is probably the best place to request a change to rDNS. Customer support staff are not to clued up on it and sometimes say you can't do it unless you are on a Business service which is not the case.

manwithhabits
Hooked

@RealAleMadridYeah, I figured this out earlier when I was speaking to someone who said that the plusnet support email wasn't really monitored. The guy I spoke to didn't know what it was, and then didn't know if ot could be done ... until he directed me here!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @manwithhabits, I can sort this out for you please drop me a PM with your username and what you'd like the rDNS to display as. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
manwithhabits
Hooked

ah, if only one so noob-like could be trusted with such powerful tools as the mighty PM!

Any idea what the current minimum post limit is for access to such wizardry? It seems to be <random_number> btween 1 and 5. Might have to spam my own post to bump up my count.

The irony is not lost on me

manwithhabits
Hooked

The spamming of my own post has worked.

It turns out that the answer to the question about minimum post count (for today at least) is 3