Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS change - how best to do it?

FIXED
gnoll

rDNS change - how best to do it?

Hello,

We have a static IP on our connection but when moved house a few months back we got a new IP and the reverse DNS has reverted to the <username>plus.com format. I went looking for where I could request to have this changed back to what it was, the <our-static-ip>.plus.com format. I remember a form for it but I think it's gone. I rang support but they didn't really seem to know what I was asking them to do. I saw some people on Community having more joy asking here so does anyone know how best to go about getting this sorted?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: rDNS change - how best to do it?

Fix

Hi @gnoll,

No worries, I can raise this request to our Net Ops Team on your behalf Smiley Just to clarify, the rDNS would be set to whatever the current Static IP Address is and we wouldn't be able to set it to the old one - is that okay?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gnoll

Yes that would be great, our new IP is perfect. Thanks very much for your help!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @gnoll, I have now sent the request of to our team for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
gnoll

Great, all sorted now - thanks very much!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

That's good to hear @gnoll, just get back to us should you have any further queries and hope you have a good weekend!

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team