cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

FIXED
duplada
Fixes: 1

rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

I have a fixed IP on Fiber Broadband and I am running my own mail server and would like the rDNS changing to reflect  mail.mydomain.co.uk. My Domain is hosted elsewhere and a DNS A record for mail.mydomain.co.uk is pointing to my plusnet fixed IP address.

Rather than spending any more time on the phone talking to support I thought I would post a message here.

I have seen from reading other threads that this is possible. However, after spending hours talking to support on a number of occasions I have got nowhere. I did finally get to talk to someone who did understand what I was asking for,  they took all the details, and said that it was possible to get it done. 

Later that day I received an email reply from someone else stating that PN no longer offer this service, and suggesting that if I wanted this change I should purchase a Business Plusnet subscription. This of course is not at all very helpful.

I am not a business and it is quite common in this day and age for people to run their own email server for all sorts of reasons.

So I would like someone from Plusnet to respond and tell me if you can do this for me please.

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,017

Re: rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

Thanks for your post @duplada 

I'm sorry for the issues with getting your rDNS changed. Ideally this is something that's only available for business accounts but if you can drop me a PM with your domain name I'll be happy to see if it's possible to make an exception.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
duplada
Fixes: 1

Re: rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

Fix

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have sent you a PM with the details that you require