cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

FIXED
duplada
Fixes: 1

rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

I have a fixed IP on Fiber Broadband and I am running my own mail server and would like the rDNS changing to reflect  mail.mydomain.co.uk. My Domain is hosted elsewhere and a DNS A record for mail.mydomain.co.uk is pointing to my plusnet fixed IP address.

Rather than spending any more time on the phone talking to support I thought I would post a message here.

I have seen from reading other threads that this is possible. However, after spending hours talking to support on a number of occasions I have got nowhere. I did finally get to talk to someone who did understand what I was asking for,  they took all the details, and said that it was possible to get it done. 

Later that day I received an email reply from someone else stating that PN no longer offer this service, and suggesting that if I wanted this change I should purchase a Business Plusnet subscription. This of course is not at all very helpful.

I am not a business and it is quite common in this day and age for people to run their own email server for all sorts of reasons.

So I would like someone from Plusnet to respond and tell me if you can do this for me please.

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

Thanks for your post @duplada 

I'm sorry for the issues with getting your rDNS changed. Ideally this is something that's only available for business accounts but if you can drop me a PM with your domain name I'll be happy to see if it's possible to make an exception.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
duplada
Fixes: 1

Re: rDNS Change Please IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

Fix

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have sent you a PM with the details that you require