Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pointing domain (registered by plusnet) to ccgi server help

mssavvy
Grafter

pointing domain (registered by plusnet) to ccgi server help

Hi

I have a wordpress website sitting on the ccgi server.

My domain.co.uk is registered with plusnet, however, I did have it pointed to a wix website via dns.

I now want it to point to my wordpress site at ccgi.myname.plus.com.

I changed the dns records:

a record is now pointing to: 

cname record is now pointing to:

ccgi.plus.net. 

I've changed the url to mydomain.co.uk in the wordpress database.

Now I'm getting a Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004] error.

Can anyone help please? I spent an hour on chat this morning and they couldn't help me at all - so I decided to just go ahead with the above.

I've taken all the links to the domain off wix.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
mssavvy
Grafter

Re: pointing domain (registered by plusnet) to ccgi server help

Update on this.

My domain has now been added to the CCGI.

After another long wait, chatted to someone on Monday who arranged this, called me back later to tell me what had happened and that plusnet had changed my dns records to:

domain.co.uk.  a 91.136.8.9

www  cname  domain.co.uk.

I was promised a call back 24 hours later (yesterday) to check this had worked.

Nothing..

The website still isn't showing up and on google I get the message:

"domain.co.uk server DNS address could not be found."

Looking T my domain on whois.net I get:

Name servers:
ns1.force9.net
ns1.plusnet.co.uk 195.166.128.17
ns2.force9.net
ns2.plusnet.co.uk 212.159.13.150

I will call support later again, wait for another half hour to chat to someone who doesn't know about this, maybe they will ask someone in the office, maybe they will tell me they will call me back (I've had two call back promises which haven't been honoured so far).

In the meantime, I've been looking at the forum again, and have changed my dns records to:

domain.co.uk.  a 91.136.8.9

www  cname ccgi.force9.net. 

in the hope that this may work.

I've been offline for two weeks now and am losing business. I'm really not impressed at all. I was told that plusnet doesn't offer this any more and it was a legacy. However, as an old and hopefully valued customer I do have this facility and I need my website live asap.

If I ever get this sorted out, I will post the definitive guide to getting this sorted out for other people. Maybe plusnet, since they have completed this procedure successfully for other customers should have thought about doing this years ago!!

If anyone sees this and knows the correct configuration - please please please let me know...

Thanks in advance

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Either of those CNAME entries in DNS should work.

It looks to me like the DNS update file could have been corrupted by the number of changes made to it. That would mean no changes get published. If this is the case Plusnet networks staff will need to resolve the problem manually.

David
mssavvy
Grafter

Thanks for replying. 

I spoke at length (after another wait) with customer support on Thursday. They sent two emails to the domain/tech team asking them to prioritise my complaint/request.

Nothing again.

Yesterday, I messaged plusnet on facebook and was told:

I can see you have a ticket open with our complaints team regarding this. Whilst I understand your frustration you are on a residential account and as such we can't speed this up ^MW

After three weeks without a website and losing business - I've had enough. I think basically they're saying that because I've got a residential account I'm not a valued customer. I can't wait any longer and I don't want to be paying money to a company that doesn't value my custom.

Plusnet has gone downhill enormously, which is a shame as I joined them 10 years ago and was very impressed by their support compared with BT.

As a 'residential account' customer, support is non-existent for me for this - three weeks is way too long to wait for help.

I'm currently googling broadband providers - anyone here like to recommend a replacement (with good customer service- even 7 days is an improvement...)