cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phpMyAdmin not working

woodhamvillage
Dabbler

phpMyAdmin not working

I have used phpMyAdmin to manage my database for a number of years without issue. However over the last month or so it has become increasingly difficult to do so.

Many times when I log on and click on the name of my database to expand the view to show the tables I just get a "loading" message and no matter how long I wait nothing happens, sometimes I do not even get the message, the databse won't expand to show me the tables.

If I manage to get past the first step and browse a database table, I'm sometimes able to make changes to a row and then the system becomes non responsive again.

I've tried with a variety of browsers on differnt machines, but all seem to be experiencing the same problem. The database itself is quite small with just a handful of tables none of which have more than 100 row in them. The datasbe seems to repond OK when accessed using my web pages its just the phpMyAdmin interface that seems to be a problem.

Is anyone else having this issue - how do I get it fixed?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: phpMyAdmin not working

Are you referring to CCGI hosting on Hostopia? I've just accessed one of my CCGI databases using phpMyAdmin without delays or problems. This included access to quite a large table with over 25000 rows and 25 columns.

Rather than phpMyAdmin I generally use Adminer https://www.adminer.org to access my databases. This application is all in a single PHP file and the MySQL English-only version (196kB) is all we need.

David
woodhamvillage
Dabbler

Yes that's correct.

Sometimes it works without any issues, and at other times I cannot get in as phpMyAdmin does not respond (I'm always able to log in OK).

I'll take a look at  Adminer as an alternative, but I wonder why phpMyAdmin has become so flakey.

Thanks

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

You could always try using an older non ajax powered version of phpmyadmin! I use one on my local wamp setup and it works a charm.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@spraxyt wrote:

Rather than phpMyAdmin I generally use Adminer https://www.adminer.org to access my databases. This application is all in a single PHP file and the MySQL English-only version (196kB) is all we need.

Thanks for that, awesome bit of kit.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!