cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

php problems, do plusnet support...

Adam1V
Grafter

php problems, do plusnet support...

Im trying to install Megento shop on my website which supports php5, or they have a php4 work around.
In order for the workaround to work, I have to place a php5 file in my cgi-bin folder and modify the .htaccess file in the magento folder to look at this.
Im still getting error messages and the troubleshooter says:
I still see "Invalid PHP version" when visiting my Magento page.
This probably means that your hosting provider does not allow the FileInfo overrides via .htaccess files. This is a necessary requirement for this solution, so you'll have to ask your hosting provider for it.

So my question is, does force9 allow this?
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: php problems, do plusnet support...

Hi Adam,
I'm afraid that we currently do not support PHP5 on our platform.
We do hope to offer this at a later date following a rebuild of our hosting platform, but we currently don't have any timescales available for this.
Adam1V
Grafter

thanks for your quick reply james.
Do you know anything about this file override? Its supposed to work for webservers using php4 but they must allow this file override?
prichardson
Grafter

Unfortunatly, due to the design of the platform, a FileInfo override will not work.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Technically ...
If you had the same OS as the Server and Built PHP5 from Source and then copied all the Libraries reqiuired and uploaded them...
you could write a work around Shell Script to run PHP5 from your own Space and possible use .htaccess[/] to run it as if it were a CGI binary (I believe) I maybe wrong.
php5 (chmod 777)

#!/bin/sh
cd /files/homeX/username/cgi-bin/php5 #perhapse /share/storeage/XX/un/username/cgi-bin/php5 where (un) == 1st 2 letters of username
export @LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./libs/"
./php5.bin

I would read thorugh the "install" Script. somewhere it is bound to use the function "phpversion()" with an if statment following:

$PHPVersion = phpversion(); //format Major.Minor.Revision
$PHPVer = explode('.',$PHPVersion);
$PHPVerMajor = $PHPVer[0];
$PHPVerMinor = $PHPVer[1];
$PHPVerRevision = $PHPVer[0];
if($PHPVerMajor == 5){
}

Null this section of code using Multi-line /* */ Comment like so.

/*
$PHPVersion = phpversion(); //format Major.Minor.Revision
$PHPVer = explode('.',$PHPVersion);
$PHPVerMajor = $PHPVer[0];
$PHPVerMinor = $PHPVer[1];
$PHPVerRevision = $PHPVer[0];
if($PHPVerMajor == 5){
}*/

Otherwise, I would seek a previous version of the package which works with PHP4 and secure it to the maximum.
If that previous version doesn't have the functionality you were after, 
I would seek any Change Log files of PHP which relate to compatability of functions and just check through the source. (hours of work)
To be honest I wouldn't know any differences between PHP4 and PHP5, as such in terms of the Core code and functionality that would affect the majority scripts from working as they would on PHP4 even though they specifiy PHP5...
The only functions which I would have thought would change are entirely specific optional modules such as GD, MySQL etc...
Hope that was of some help!
Jim,