Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

php libXSLT or libXSL

badbetty
Grafter

php libXSLT or libXSL

ey up folks
i've asked about this before - it really is a minor change imo.
please can some server techie  enable the libXSL or libXSLT modules in the php core.  please,  please please.
XML is enabled and XSL is a fundamental part of the whole package.  As far as I am aware, it just needs enabling as it is part of the core.
In any case, it would be useful.  I use my small amount of plusnet space and cgi to test things and i value it.  Its just a X-Crime to have XML without XSL.
so - please! 
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: php libXSLT or libXSL

Hi there,
I've passed this on to the Operations guys who look after the platform and they've said they'll look into it, but I don't think they'll have time to do that for a couple of weeks. Really sorry about that, we'll let you know as soon as we know more.
badbetty
Grafter

Hello Matt
I've waited and waited  🙂    Any positive news please ?
If I dont get a reply, i'll start a new topic with a link to this.    Thanks.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That will just get you in trouble with the moderators who will just merge it back with this topic (NB the moderators are just fellow users)
There's far more fundamental problems with CCGI and mySQL (mySQL particularly is way out of date).
CCGI isn't available to new users, user hosting is not a core part of Plusnet's operations so I can't see anything being done about this any time soon (if ever).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
badbetty
Grafter

@jelv
unfortunately, whether your comments prove true or not, it is not a helpful reply  to be pretty much negative and not onside as it seems.
you see, id support the improvements you mention to address the lacking functionality rather than shout them down.
any way, rather than be negative/pessimistic,  my view is if the facilities are there for people to use, there's no reason to not make sure they work and are complete.
in my case, its only a case of 'enabling' the library that i believe is already present along side the other xml stuff.
in addition, rereading other responses seems to suggest i have a good expectation for it to happen - it just may take time.
any way thank you for your contribution
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Jelv is only being realistic so you don't get your hopes up. The CGI platform has had virtually* no changes made to it since it was introduced many years ago, even though many requests have been made to add this or that feature to it. In fact features have actually been removed due to security concerns. It is running very old software on old servers and it's not on any priority list for change.
The response from Plusnet is just a courtesy reply  everyone has got for such a request. Unless a change has a benefit to plusnet that could cover the costs of all the resources needed for implementation and testing (which is substantial even for what may appear to be a simple change), I'm afraid it just won't happen.
If this feature is necessary for your website I suggest you look for another host as you will be waiting a very long time for it.
* The only changes were security fixes, I'm not aware of any user requested features being added.
badbetty
Grafter

What a despondent 'lot' you are in being realistic.
It would be so nice if someone thought instead, 'what the hell'  lets do it - its simple enough.    Now that would be an uplifting approach to life wouldn't it.
You all make me feel its my fault for joining with Plusnet eons ago because I liked all these things that were offered.
Just makes me sad to hear  "..... look for another host...." !     
Give me the job of running plusnet and i'd have  all  these negative vibes  of  "its not core business,  its unlikely,    its not priority,  your not worth,    no one else wants it .."  all cut away.
If its a small change, no hassle, no risk,    to keep just one person happy, then its a good thing for business.  Job done.
I don't want to read bad vibes any more thank you -  if it appears to you, plusnet or anyone, that I'm asking for the world, then God help us!
Take it easy folks - be peaceful and full of love!