Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to PN

netreg
Grafter

new to PN

Hi,
I am in the process of signing up with PN...  Well signed up, just waiting for broadband to switched to PN.  Been with Pipex for many years but decided to give PN a try.  Hopefully i have made the right choice!!!!!!
Anyway, I have asked support to add my domain (host only) and i want to setup a preliminary home page.  But it when i try to ftp i get login incorrect. 
Am i doing something stupid. Do i have to wait until my broadband has been activated or should i be able to access from the Pipex network.  Huh
kind regards
Darren
7 REPLIES 7
samuria
Grafter

Re: new to PN

You should be able to login assuming your account has web space. How are you logging in?
It should just be username and password the username is just the name so if your login fred.plus.net you login to ftp with fred
So it not the same as broadband. Depending on your present account you may have to be on plus net to do it ie loggin in to the internet via plus net.
This dosnt normally  apply but if your old account is dial up and it hasnt changed yet that could be it
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

What FTP host are you trying to connect to?
For homepages (www) server you use ftp.plus.net or ftp2.plus.net and can connect from any IP.
For ccgi you use ccgi.plus.net BUT you can only connect when on a PN IP. You also need activate ccgi from the portal (and MySQL if you need that) before you can connect.
netreg
Grafter

Hi
thanks for the response guys...
I am  just trying to connect using ftp.plus.net.  I tried with dreamweaver and then i simply tried at command prompt with ftp ftp.plus.net.. 
I use my username and password but still get login failed.
Do you have to active your webspace first? or is it automatically enabled?Huh
thanks  Grin
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Your www webspace is automatically created. It's only ccgi, Frontpage or MySQL you have to enable if required.
Have you tried ftp2.plus.net?
You are using the same username & password as you use to login to the portal?
If the above does not solve your problem you need to raise a ticket and get CS to check your account setup.
netreg
Grafter

Thanks for your replies,
looks like i need to raise a call...  This is not the only thing that isn't working with my new account which i must admit is not instilling me with confidence moving to PN..
thanks again
Darren
billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hi Darren
Do i have to wait until my broadband has been activated

AFAIK the answer is yes - unless you use your PN dial in account.
netreg
Grafter

Quote from: billbo
Hi Darren
Do i have to wait until my broadband has been activated

AFAIK the answer is yes - unless you use your PN dial in account.

Billbo,  thank you.  I will hold on this issue then until my broadband is up and running with PN.
regards
Darren